~sircmpwn/aerc

5 2

Re: adding CC and BCC fields in composer?

Ondřej Synáček
<C9BPJ76N0SPK.10GJPOH83L300@Prefab.local>
> ... After
> saving
> and closing the editor instance that was spawned inside of the composer,
> you
> are now in a kind of summary mode. In this mode, you can use :cc and
> :bcc

Yeah I went with the solution of adding Bcc and Cc to configuration
file.

I'm starting to feel a bit awkward asking a lot of questions via the
mailing list. Is this mentioned somewhere in the documents?
I'm always looking through man pages and/or doing online search
before asking here.

I might compile my questions and perhaps I could create patch for
`aerc-tutorial`.

Re: adding CC and BCC fields in composer?

<FF5CEC83-36E7-4043-9B29-F0B40D0C72FC@labrat.space>
In-Reply-To
<C9BPJ76N0SPK.10GJPOH83L300@Prefab.local> (view parent)
On 17 February 2021 10:44:23 CET, "Ondřej Synáček" <ondrejsynacek@fastmail.com> wrote:
>Is this mentioned somewhere in the documents?
>I'm always looking through man pages and/or doing online search
>before asking here.

In that specific case the config option in aerc-config(5) under header-layout

Commands are documented in aerc(1)

>I might compile my questions and perhaps I could create patch for
>`aerc-tutorial`.

The tutorial should be kept rather short I think, else people stop reading halfway in (based on my experience).
But if you can come up with something that fits please do send a patch and we can talk about it.

Re: adding CC and BCC fields in composer?

Ondřej Synáček
<C9BR1UX15Q3C.395JL5VMQTVC8@Prefab.local>
In-Reply-To
<FF5CEC83-36E7-4043-9B29-F0B40D0C72FC@labrat.space> (view parent)
On Wed Feb 17, 2021 at 11:46 AM CET, Reto wrote:
> Commands are documented in aerc(1)

Sorry for more questions, I've used Windows for long time in my life and
learning about some Linux / unix-y stuff later on so maybe I'm just
missing something.

The number 1 in `aerc(1)` means section of man page right? However
I have no man page that I could call up like this: `man aerc` which is
what I've tried first thing when I got aerc.

I do have man pages:

```
aerc-imap       aerc-notmuch    aerc-sendmail
aerc-stylesets  aerc-tutorial
aerc-config     aerc-maildir    aerc-search     aerc-smtp
aerc-templates
```

But I don't think any of them say something about `:cc` or `:bcc`
commands.

Re: adding CC and BCC fields in composer?

<3160454E-C4E3-4725-9B4C-18B1A20E377E@labrat.space>
In-Reply-To
<C9BR1UX15Q3C.395JL5VMQTVC8@Prefab.local> (view parent)
How did you install aerc?
You are missing a whole section.

Btw: Short questions like this are easier to answer on IRC so if you want to join there say hi.

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=aerc if you don't have an IRC client ready yet

Re: adding CC and BCC fields in composer?

Ondřej Synáček
<C9BRGX5RJWHC.3GRR56ENP4MBQ@Prefab.local>
In-Reply-To
<3160454E-C4E3-4725-9B4C-18B1A20E377E@labrat.space> (view parent)
On Wed Feb 17, 2021 at 12:07 PM CET, Reto wrote:
> How did you install aerc?
> You are missing a whole section.
I'm on macOS so I'm using brew package manager: `brew install aerc`

> Btw: Short questions like this are easier to answer on IRC so if you
> want to join there say hi.

Damn, I should have read the home page of the project first I see it's
mentioned there. Again, used to using Github and not git.sr.ht.
Thanks from now on I'll ask for this kind of advice on IRC.

Re: adding CC and BCC fields in composer?

<7D255BD3-BA7A-47E2-9064-AAE983978AF3@labrat.space>
In-Reply-To
<C9BRGX5RJWHC.3GRR56ENP4MBQ@Prefab.local> (view parent)
On 17 February 2021 12:15:27 CET, "Ondřej Synáček" <ondrejsynacek@fastmail.com> wrote:
>On Wed Feb 17, 2021 at 12:07 PM CET, Reto wrote:
>> How did you install aerc?
>> You are missing a whole section.
>I'm on macOS so I'm using brew package manager: `brew install aerc`

Then maybe the packager made a mistake there.

>Thanks from now on I'll ask for this kind of advice on IRC.

Up to you, the mailing list is fine, just a bit more delayed in the usual case. But you get the added benefit of having people help you from different time zones, something you'll have on IRC much less.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)