~sircmpwn/aerc

1

Re: How to handle labels?

Axel Dahlberg
<C9H08FR6LAJB.I2W7Y8LADMF6@l390>
Thanks for all the information Simon and Reto. I decided to try out
notmuch and have a simple script that adds notmuch-tags to emails in
each `Labels.<label>` folder. Then using `%g` in the index-format shows
these tags/labels as I wanted.

The only thing that now that I would like to change is the fact that
unread emails also have the `unread`-tag. Is there someway to exclude
tags? It's just annoying to also see the `unread`-tag since this is
already visualised by the font.

PS. I haven't really used these mailing lists before. How do you
actually reply to a specific thread and not create a new one as I did
with my last reply? What I do now is just click the "Reply to thread"
button which opens aerc using that `mailto` link. But there seems to be
something missing since it didn't add my last reply to the original
thread.

Re: How to handle labels?

<20210223155930.mfakxiz4xkhk3a6w@feather.localdomain>
In-Reply-To
<C9H08FR6LAJB.I2W7Y8LADMF6@l390> (view parent)
On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 03:16:48PM +0000, Axel Dahlberg wrote:
> The only thing that now that I would like to change is the fact that
> unread emails also have the `unread`-tag. Is there someway to exclude
> tags? It's just annoying to also see the `unread`-tag since this is
> already visualised by the font.

No, I don't think so

> PS. I haven't really used these mailing lists before. How do you
> actually reply to a specific thread and not create a new one as I did
> with my last reply? What I do now is just click the "Reply to thread"
> button which opens aerc using that `mailto` link. But there seems to be
> something missing since it didn't add my last reply to the original
> thread.

That's kinda fine, but you need the master version of aerc for it to work.
There was a bug in the release that messes up the header.

It only sets in-reply-to though, as per the link.
Some clients only use the References header iirc and those would not thread correctly.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)