~sircmpwn/aerc

2 2

Bug?: 'r' and 'l' missing in compose headers

<CAAUGCXJLKDY.3F26OXF20L108@bisio>

When writing an email, I need to type 'rr' and 'll' in order to get a
single 'r' and 'l' in the To/Cc/Bcc/Subject fields. If I copy an address
into these fields, the 'r' and 'l's get removed:
~sircmpwn/aerc@lists.sr.ht becomes ~sicmpwn/aec@ists.s.ht

I've cloned the repo and compiled  0.5.2.r44.g548faca and it is still
happening. I'm using aerc inside Xfce Terminal under i3wm. I guess this is
not a common bug, and certainly it is not very annoying since it's easy
to fix, but maybe it points somewhere else.

Regards,
<9BA94C94-4A5A-4900-87D3-E43E279B8D43@labrat.space>
In-Reply-To
<CAAUGCXJLKDY.3F26OXF20L108@bisio> (view parent)
yeah, that's a bug.
Aerc's key handling is a mess...
Doesn't handle common prefixes very well nor is there a timeout like in vim.
<CABHTZ43697X.2RF1C23H0QFD1@bisio>
In-Reply-To
<9BA94C94-4A5A-4900-87D3-E43E279B8D43@labrat.space> (view parent)
On Tue Mar 30, 2021 at 8:50 PM CEST, Reto wrote:
> yeah, that's a bug.
It didn't happen before, I don't really know what provoked it. I take it
doesn't happen to everyone.

> Aerc's key handling is a mess...
> Doesn't handle common prefixes very well nor is there a timeout like in
> vim.
I don't speak go, but if there's something I can do to help solve it,
let me know...
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)