~sircmpwn/aerc

1

Right justify format

John Zhuang Hui
<CACrYfUbHYje=2py7pck6LGN739tncmLx=mFMW_Rert7DMX8FzA@mail.gmail.com>
Hello,

Right now, users can customize the format of each line in the email
index view using the index-format option. The aerc-config manpage
claims that it is compatible with mutt's printf-like syntax.

However, aerc seems to be missing the padding format specifiers
described in Mutt's manual:
<http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/#formatstrings-padding>. I'd like to
use these to right-justify notmuch labels for this kind of an
interface: <https://github.com/pazz/alot/wiki/screenshots/mutt.search.png>.

Does this feature exist? And if not, is anyone working on it? I'm
still new to this development and sr.ht, but I'm happy to take a crack
at it myself and make a patch if there's any interest in
right-justified formatting.

Thanks!

j-hui
<20210406215026.lubssrziudqg5tgm@feather.localdomain>
In-Reply-To
<CACrYfUbHYje=2py7pck6LGN739tncmLx=mFMW_Rert7DMX8FzA@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)

On Tue, Apr 06, 2021 at 05:14:36PM -0400, John Zhuang Hui wrote:
> Right now, users can customize the format of each line in the email
> index view using the index-format option. The aerc-config manpage
> claims that it is compatible with mutt's printf-like syntax.

That's the goal, yes.

> However, aerc seems to be missing the padding format specifiers
> described in Mutt's manual:
> <http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/#formatstrings-padding>

> Does this feature exist? And if not, is anyone working on it?

No it doesn't exist yet and as far as I am aware no one is working on it either.

Kind regards,
Reto
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)