~sircmpwn/aerc

1

Notifications for new mails not working

Abhijith Krishnan
<CAGJGozmt4TvHjik4b23yXn8owFdrp5B30TBTO1byV=gtwUHcfw@mail.gmail.com>
I am using aerc in void linux. The new email notification command
(new-email=exec notify-send "New email from %n" "%s") in the triggers
section of aerc.conf does not show any notification when new mails
arrive. notify-send works properly with  other applications. What
could be the problem.

Thanking you
Abhijith Krishnan
<20200824044835.iw72irwe74b6dnrg@feather.localdomain>
In-Reply-To
<CAGJGozmt4TvHjik4b23yXn8owFdrp5B30TBTO1byV=gtwUHcfw@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)

On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 04:21:37PM +0000, Abhijith Krishnan wrote:
> I am using aerc in void linux. The new email notification command
> (new-email=exec notify-send "New email from %n" "%s") in the triggers
> section of aerc.conf does not show any notification when new mails
> arrive. notify-send works properly with  other applications. What
> could be the problem.

The notification command only triggers if two things are true:
	* The new message arrives in the currently open maildir
	* The Message arrives with the \Seen and \Recent flags (imap).
	  For maildir / notmuch it's not supported yet iirc.

I hope that helps.
Reto
Export thread (mbox)