~sircmpwn/aerc

2 2

Presence on irc.libera.chat

Ondřej Synáček
<CBTZMZ52STIO.7K9Y3WZ6B5PU@Prefab.local>
With recent developments on IRC Freenode network it seems like lot of
FOSS projects are moving to irc.libera.chat

I am not sure if the channel on Freenode is maintained "officially"
from `aerc` contributor team but wanted to ask: Are there any plans
to move to Libera or not?
<7da2e7c8-b405-419f-5888-f7df3a9f959e@orbital.rocks>
In-Reply-To
<CBTZMZ52STIO.7K9Y3WZ6B5PU@Prefab.local> (view parent)
On 6/3/2021 8:39 AM, Ondřej Synáček wrote:
> I am not sure if the channel on Freenode is maintained "officially"
> from `aerc` contributor team but wanted to ask: Are there any plans
> to move to Libera or not?

The official `#` channel was closed down and then seized by freenode
staff and redirected to `##`. I don't see a aerc channel on libera, but
the one on freenode definitely isn't official.

-gildarts
Heiko Carrasco
<20210603134544.fbuks2cqqlll2ybi@meltdown>
In-Reply-To
<7da2e7c8-b405-419f-5888-f7df3a9f959e@orbital.rocks> (view parent)
> The official `#` channel was closed down and then seized by freenode staff
> and redirected to `##`. I don't see a aerc channel on libera, but the one on
> freenode definitely isn't official.
There are two aerc channels on libera, #aerc and #aerc-dev .
The move was announced some time ago:

2021-05-19 14:48:11     ddevault        I have secured #aerc and #aerc-dev on libera.chat
2021-05-19 14:48:20     ddevault        let me know if you want to move there, bookworm, at your discretion
[some leave notices]
2021-05-19 18:14:26     bookworm        for those not yet in the loop, we moved ^
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)