~sircmpwn/aerc

5 3

How do I use PGP on aerc?

<CBVQ1U8C1KJM.2Y46OF5XWS5KX@bellwether>
I saw some old threads about initial PGP support being added, but
there's no mention in the docs or mailing list on how to use. There are
some proposed patches for an :setup-pgp, but they were never merged.

How would I go about sending/receiving emails with PGP?
<CBWEZ2UEXQ70.2P11J66YKN892@micro-pc>
In-Reply-To
<CBVQ1U8C1KJM.2Y46OF5XWS5KX@bellwether> (view parent)
This would be great. I'm new to this, and used protonmail that
configured everything for me. I want to use just the signature to be
included automatically to the attachments.
<CBWS7E6YQD3Z.JFQ5N7FNORWZ@inspiron>
In-Reply-To
<CBVQ1U8C1KJM.2Y46OF5XWS5KX@bellwether> (view parent)
> How would I go about sending/receiving emails with PGP?

Sending encrypted email hasn't been implemented yet (to the best of my
knowledge)

Recieving and verifying signatures, however, has been implemented. This
thread describes how to set this up:
https://lists.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/aerc/%3CC11JC39B2EUP.9Y18EIDU7UMO%40homura%3E
<CBX6RT9P65CA.3NP3S7YPBS38J@micro-pc>
In-Reply-To
<CBWS7E6YQD3Z.JFQ5N7FNORWZ@inspiron> (view parent)
So maybe we could discuss how it would be the best to implement it and
also Drew would be willing to merge it.

Maybe we could start by some mutt things?
https://gitlab.com/muttmua/mutt/-/wikis/MuttGuide/UseGPG
<FEB522F2-8893-417F-A313-971BA923F641@solfisher.com>
In-Reply-To
<CBX6RT9P65CA.3NP3S7YPBS38J@micro-pc> (view parent)
I think the groundwork is already mostly laid out,
at least in theory:

https://todo.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/aerc2?search=label:%22pgp%22

This tag contains a lot of things which need to be done before aerc can say it "supports PGP".
<CBXCBK83JQCY.351G2MDSQHEFA@micro-pc>
In-Reply-To
<FEB522F2-8893-417F-A313-971BA923F641@solfisher.com> (view parent)
ok, but these are just the "titles" for the features. There needs to be
a description of things to be done, and how to communicate it to aerc.

Using the config file, or just adding some presend_hook ...

Maybe I write there to settle on something.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)