~sircmpwn/aerc

1

When we will have threading

<CE05FJXH2RGD.363TLFUZMJLMY@micro-pc>
It's good to see that the progress on aerc is more dynamic in the last
weeks. But one feature, a crucial one I would say, is to display
messages in threads.

It is too complicated to search for the previous mails, especially when
they are already in archive or trash. Also many times I've seen comments
that the lack of this feature prevents new people to use aerc.

I've seen some patches for notmuch and IMAP, but they aren't merged. And
for me they aren't relevant because I use just maildir. Is there a
universal way to do it?
j.r
<CE1059IMTC3N.2JXP2YAAX5DBM@x1-yoga-arch>
In-Reply-To
<CE05FJXH2RGD.363TLFUZMJLMY@micro-pc> (view parent)
Hi Vladimír,

looks like there is already a ticket for tracking this feature and also
a bit of a discussion around how it would fit best into the UX:
https://todo.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/aerc2/94

On Fri Sep 3, 2021 at 11:39 AM CEST, Vladimír Magyar wrote:
> It's good to see that the progress on aerc is more dynamic in the last
> weeks. But one feature, a crucial one I would say, is to display
> messages in threads.
>
> It is too complicated to search for the previous mails, especially when
> they are already in archive or trash. Also many times I've seen comments
> that the lack of this feature prevents new people to use aerc.
>
> I've seen some patches for notmuch and IMAP, but they aren't merged. And
> for me they aren't relevant because I use just maildir. Is there a
> universal way to do it?
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)