~sircmpwn/aerc

4 4

Re: Fork proposal

<CFQP8QBAYQ56.3T35QHOMRCV6X@taiga>
On Mon Nov 15, 2021 at 11:01 PM CET, Mailru Pile wrote:
> > I don't know if many people will be reading this but I'll ask anyway.
>
> That is one of the reasons to migrate somewhere like
> Github/Gitlab/Codeberg

God, don't fucking move to GitHub. aerc was explicitly designed to
support the mailing list workflow.

Re: Fork proposal

<20211115234723.utpobh3ebuuoc5tz@5CD90139Q6>
In-Reply-To
<CFQP8QBAYQ56.3T35QHOMRCV6X@taiga> (view parent)
>God, don't fucking move to GitHub. aerc was explicitly designed to support the mailing list workflow.

Roger that. But there will bw not many contributors, which is bad.

[Relying on plain-text email is a 'barrier to entry' for kernel development, says Linux Foundation board member](https://lobste.rs/s/0jt525/relying_on_plain_text_email_is_barrier)

Re: Fork proposal

<CFQR88FWV8WJ.2YOW3RP4IYERQ@ace>
In-Reply-To
<20211115234723.utpobh3ebuuoc5tz@5CD90139Q6> (view parent)
On Mon Nov 15, 2021 at 11:47 PM GMT,  wrote:
> > God, don't fucking move to GitHub. aerc was explicitly designed to support the mailing list workflow.
>
> Roger that. But there will bw not many contributors, which is bad.

Quality, not quantity.

https://sourcehut.org/ as available to anyone with an internet
connection (and an email address). That's more than enough people for a
terminal email client.

> [Relying on plain-text email is a 'barrier to entry' for kernel
> development, says Linux Foundation board
> member](https://lobste.rs/s/0jt525/relying_on_plain_text_email_is_barrier)

Cooking at home is a barrier to having healthy meals.
People today still learn to cook.

Re: Fork proposal

<af1046f7-f7b8-ac0d-03a8-0d79bbdd1e92@redbarn.org>

Drew DeVault wrote on 2021-11-15 14:16:
> On Mon Nov 15, 2021 at 11:01 PM CET, Mailru Pile wrote:
>>> I don't know if many people will be reading this but I'll ask anyway.
>>
>> That is one of the reasons to migrate somewhere like
>> Github/Gitlab/Codeberg
>
> God, don't fucking move to GitHub. aerc was explicitly designed to
> support the mailing list workflow.

+1.

moving to codeberg (or whatever) wouldn't make aerc easier to find, or
easier to download, or easier to contribute to, or easier to patch from.

if you want aerc to be easier to find, then blog about how you're using
it, tell your friends about it, make a youtube (or whatever) video about it.

source hut (sr.ht) is one of the great wonders of this modern
too-centralized era and we should be moving things _to_ it not _from_ it.

vixie

Re: Fork proposal

<76661C90-86B8-4851-A4B3-F0C4FC22BE67@mkaito.net>
In-Reply-To
<20211115234723.utpobh3ebuuoc5tz@5CD90139Q6> (view parent)
>[Relying on plain-text email is a 'barrier to entry' for kernel development, says Linux Foundation board member](https://lobste.rs/s/0jt525/relying_on_plain_text_email_is_barrier)

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Someone saying something doesn't necessarily make it true. I disagree with what this person said, for example.

How plaintext email is such a polarising topic is beyond me. Get your act together. Or are you just trolling?
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)