~sircmpwn/aerc

1

How to handle labels?

Axel Dahlberg
<I1hf5zRhKPLbp26QScw6JKj5QsxJYJCT-eYttPNJeo4x5EhiCEoXOw4c7CXvR_Ga84jrk2H96-kz5TTmHR7ymdJxum5Z67ncBbCllpFuesc=@valleymnt.com>
I'm using protonmail and like to label my emails. In aerc these labels show up as folders named `Label/<label>`. "Adding" a label to an email can easily be done by copying the email to the correct folder. However, what I would really like is to be able to see the labels of an email in the index format. Is there some way to achieve this?
<pb_pKiy10CQUTaTjH0tYdQ2dtbXiwCKI1Kiv9She-vWf2hME_jApGiqzMdInIMP5rCF0XeGRMPgX5P8bmke--frJKyNMYQmj2eptpRpYS7A=@emersion.fr>
In-Reply-To
<I1hf5zRhKPLbp26QScw6JKj5QsxJYJCT-eYttPNJeo4x5EhiCEoXOw4c7CXvR_Ga84jrk2H96-kz5TTmHR7ymdJxum5Z67ncBbCllpFuesc=@valleymnt.com> (view parent)
On Tuesday, February 23rd, 2021 at 12:00 PM, Axel Dahlberg <acksld@valleymnt.com> wrote:

> I'm using protonmail and like to label my emails. In aerc these
> labels show up as folders named `Label/<label>`. "Adding" a label to
> an email can easily be done by copying the email to the correct
> folder. However, what I would really like is to be able to see the
> labels of an email in the index format. Is there some way to achieve
> this?

IMAP has a native concept of permanent user-defined flags [1]. I don't
think the official ProtonMail bridge sets those, unfortunately. There
are also character restrictions on flag names:

    flag-keyword    = atom
    atom            = 1*ATOM-CHAR
    ATOM-CHAR       = <any CHAR except atom-specials>
    atom-specials   = "(" / ")" / "{" / SP / CTL / list-wildcards /
                      quoted-specials / resp-specials

[1]: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3501#section-2.3.2
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)