~sircmpwn/aerc

custom contexts for key-binds ( binds.conf )

<YJMAkKUqaZ4uoIkk@divine-infinity-black-hole-gamma-lap>
It would be nice to have the option to have custom contexts in
`binds.conf` as well like we have in `aerc.conf`. I understand it could
be challenging in effort to implement it though.

My use-case is that I want to have custom key-binds for a specific
account or a folder. One example would be GMail web keyboard shortcuts.
GMail web has some nifty keyboard shortcuts for 'Jumping' to different
folders viz Inbox, Starred, Sent, Drafts, All mail, etc. It would be
great if I can define those key-binds specifically only for the GMail
accounts and not have them mess up other key-binds that are used
elsewhere. Being specific, the GMail key-binds start with 'g' which
cannot be bound as is because 'g' is already registered for `:select 0`.
I would not mind remapping `g` on a GMail account, but I would not want
that propagated to other accounts as well.

~ shine
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)