~sircmpwn/aerc

3 3

[NOOB] How to Drafts?

<gov8Vq1OSfhwyrqVkOcOnLTdiDITg53dR9xm3p4fWjg@cp3-web-049.plabs.ch>
Hi, I have a question that I didn't found an answer in the man pages.

How can I save a mail into Drafts? When I save the message and exit vim,
aerc gives me options to send/not send/edit/attach.

I thought, that 'not send' will do this, but nothing is in my drafts.
How do you do it?
Adam Roussel
<87a6o98ye8.fsf@posteo.net>
In-Reply-To
<gov8Vq1OSfhwyrqVkOcOnLTdiDITg53dR9xm3p4fWjg@cp3-web-049.plabs.ch> (view parent)
Hi Vladimír,

> How can I save a mail into Drafts? When I save the message and exit vim,
> aerc gives me options to send/not send/edit/attach.

I ran into this problem too with Aerc: It turns out the key word is
`postpone' -- that's what the command is called (and also the relevant
config setting).  It also looks like the default keybinding for this
command is "p" in that context.

Hope that helps!
Ondřej Synáček
<CBSCP65NWJC0.12NZCEJAOT1FS@Prefab.local>
In-Reply-To
<87a6o98ye8.fsf@posteo.net> (view parent)
On Tue Jun 1, 2021 at 4:14 PM CEST, Adam Roussel wrote:
> I ran into this problem too with Aerc: It turns out the key word is
> `postpone' -- that's what the command is called (and also the relevant
> config setting). It also looks like the default keybinding for this
> command is "p" in that context.

I wondered what that command was for. Wish it would be called `:draft`
instead but I guess commands should be verbs so maybe that's why
`aerc` is using this.
<oFTTYUaUxS514KfBXjbUcWMKLCyxu2rvWhP3rXdgb0g@cp3-web-016.plabs.ch>
In-Reply-To
<87a6o98ye8.fsf@posteo.net> (view parent)
Thanks Adam, that will do it. Maybe someone could add it to the tutorial
man page :)
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)