My first experience writing to this list, I replied using the
'Reply to thread' button, and when I sent the mail it unexpectedly
created a new thread.
I found that the go-message library (SetMsgIDList()) assumes that the <>
tags are not present. So I ended up with a header like:
(Perhaps this should be a patch to go-message?)
If Aerc should handle this situation then here is my proposed patch that
has solved the issue for me.
I've never used golang before, so there maybe a better way to do this
happy to be shown :)
So if you want to add some additional commentary, not relevant for the commit message
itself, add it here. And by here I mean after the `---` but before the diffstat
that follows just after this sentence.
Other than that, your patch is malformed.
Go uses `go fmt` to format whitespace and align things. You should always run
it prior to sending a patch.
Further, HasPrefix / HasSuffix is a bit expensive in our case... we now that we
only want a single rune so we might as well check for this.
I've essentially copied the code already existing in the imap worker in
0e554a879d1b8de61e6eb7d2e7ef64e9ec99ce1b and added you as co-author.
Thanks for the effort and sorry for the late response.