~sircmpwn/free-writers-club

4 4

Re: How do you organize your notes and outlines?

Leo
<4b045197-9e41-470b-85d6-7b7b6ec35bb5@www.fastmail.com>
To organize my  notes, I use an org-mode file called notes.org. If it's something that doesn't need to be internal or private, I usually put it on my website in the wiki.

For the draft articles that I don't finish in one go, I keep them on my wiki so people can give initial opinions and get any information they might need. After they reach a point of completeness, I move them over to my blog. I usually have one main draft I'm actively working on, but I also have a few I want to finish slowly. Those ones I add a couple sentences once in a while.

I have a small Python script to export a single org file into my wiki, I am using that method more often these days.

For the bookmarks, I am currently using the built-in bookmark manager for Firefox. I am looking for a good self-hosted bookmark manager though.

Thanks,
Leo
www.gkbrk.com

Re: How do you organize your notes and outlines?

john nduli
<CADuqppEYBmmaXZ00z0Dr+cH0Bie-xHQH7jY6OUki8fBvkhvDpA@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<4b045197-9e41-470b-85d6-7b7b6ec35bb5@www.fastmail.com> (view parent)
I use vim-wiki for organizing my thoughts. It provides interlinked text files,
that I can easily go to with some basic commands. I typically use this as
a reference for various things I've learned or that I'm trying to learn.

For drafts, I usually have a separate file for each blog post. I first
try to complete
the draft as fast as I can, taking note of any holes I have in my
knowledge. After a
couple of days I'll give the draft a reread to confirm if I still want
to work on it.

I recently tried to have a 2 week schedule for blog posts, but that
isn't going as well
as I thought it would.

--
Regards,
jnduli

Re: How do you organize your notes and outlines?

<c00ca242-3644-a6ea-c175-bc9b5b8ef45d@icyphox.sh>
In-Reply-To
<CADuqppEYBmmaXZ00z0Dr+cH0Bie-xHQH7jY6OUki8fBvkhvDpA@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Since most of my thinking/research for my blog posts happens when I'm on
the go, I have a Google Keep note on my phone which I update with links,
ideas etc. I'm considering switching to a more free alternative, but old
habits die hard.

As for drafts, I don't have any. I write my posts in one sitting and
usually publish it right after. With a few thorough reads, of course.

--
Anirudh Oppiliappan
0x8A93F96F78C5D4C4

Re: Let's introduce ourselves

<f0766112-abda-161b-3d80-5651f0334d53@project47.xyz>
In-Reply-To
<CADuqppEYBmmaXZ00z0Dr+cH0Bie-xHQH7jY6OUki8fBvkhvDpA@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Hi my name is ContainsLiquid,
i am a computer science student. I had a blog a few years ago but
stopped writing on it because i ran out of ideas. Now i started a new
blog (for the first time in english) on
https://containsliquid.project47.xyz

Feel free to drop by and checkout my first post about how to build oci
images on sourcehut. Feel also free to drop me some feedback, either via
mail or ActivityPub (@ContainsLiquid@toot.cloud).

Greetings,
ContainsLiquid

Re: Let's introduce ourselves

<YT1PR01MB24898F28E8F9C1995B14A170C89C0@YT1PR01MB2489.CANPRD01.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>
In-Reply-To
<f0766112-abda-161b-3d80-5651f0334d53@project47.xyz> (view parent)
> Feel free to drop by and checkout my first post about how to build oci images on sourcehut. Feel also free to drop me some feedback, either via mail or ActivityPub (@ContainsLiquid@toot.cloud).
I actually had problem building oci images using docker (and I believe buildah as well). I was
running into issues, which I don't remember the details of, with lack of resources being the
cause I think. I'd have to go back and look at my old builds to see what was the problem.

Anyway, glad it works, I'll take the time to try that again!