~sircmpwn/free-writers-club

2 2

How do you organize your notes and outlines?

Chris Bero
<CAJFqZPYY63OoCEkUyoVFv3KKAWouJBrVRhX2DGSL1f0aEnOBWQ@mail.gmail.com>
Hi all,

I'm interested in finding a better way to organize thoughts than just
jotting things down in org-journal (which I'm not very competent at
using) or bookmarking interesting website URLs in firefox and never
seeing them again. I'd like to hear how you organize your blog or
thoughts on a computer.

Additionally, Do you have a separate file for every potential post?
A schedule for completing blog posts? How many drafts do you have
going at the same time?

Thanks,

Christopher Bero
<BWSDSTD9XKMT.VB13BB1FJXQV@koishi>
In-Reply-To
<CAJFqZPYY63OoCEkUyoVFv3KKAWouJBrVRhX2DGSL1f0aEnOBWQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
For my part, I have a plaintext file called "notes", which contains a
list of blog posts I want to write, and occasionally useful links or
details for them that I don't want to forget about later. I don't
usually keep unpublished drafts around, I generally will write an
article in one sitting, review and edit the rough draft, then share it
with some friends for feedback and publish it the next day after a quick
review.
<87tv9gxwz1.fsf@gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAJFqZPYY63OoCEkUyoVFv3KKAWouJBrVRhX2DGSL1f0aEnOBWQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
My blog posts are a continuation of my note-taking and revolves around
org-mode. I have  a general inbox.org file where I capture whatever I
feel is interesting. Then I have several org files where I refile my
notes to, like lore for general knowledge stuff, ideas for future
projects and among them there is a blog file where I file blog-post
drafts.

I use a very nice org to hugo exporter that is called ox-hugo. While a
heading is marked as TODO the post is treated as a draft but when it's
makes posting really easy.

Usually I will post about something that I researched and didn't find
good enough info about or to present some OC. So I keep notes during the
research and when it's finished, I'll format them in more publishable
manner and then release it to the wild.

Thanks, Dimos.