~sircmpwn/gmni-discuss

1

Malformed Request Issue

<053b05cef8f6918e1d5caa47d44dc70b8311f91d.camel@mycanofbeans.com>
Hi there,

I ran into an issue when interacting with gmnisrv while working on my
own Gemini client.

Without knowing better I was making a request for a URL without the
\r\n appended at the end. Obviously, not according to the spec...

However, this took me a while to figure out the issue because:

1. Other servers seem to tolerate this
2. The client was just hanging till timeout
3. There wasnt a malformed request log message on the server

So I'm mostly reporting an issue with how gmnisrv handles malformed
requests.

Although, tolerating a missing \r\n is also a potential solution in
this case.

Thanks for all the work on gmnisrv!
<C7CNVUUNIV1G.2Q9ITTBUGVV68@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<053b05cef8f6918e1d5caa47d44dc70b8311f91d.camel@mycanofbeans.com> (view parent)
Adding a log message would be fine, being tolerant of malformed requests
would not be. There is already a client_error function which would be
useful for this purpose.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)