~sircmpwn/hare-users

Re: [BUG hare build]: import cycle causes infinite recursion

<CSFL29MX81IV.Z5NFP0YZHEMS@monch>
On Sat May 6, 2023 at 11:13 PM UTC, Zachary Yedidia wrote:
> Sounds great! Will the new version allow import cycles?

no, but it'll error out properly rather than just overflowing the stack

> Also I reduced the case down to just this:
>
>     use*;

should be a syntax error, sent a patch fixing this

> Also, this issue is not strictly limited to hare build. It can also
> cause harec to segfault. Though I presume that will also be fixed as
> part of the new build driver.

yeah, we'll fix this by not doing module discovery in harec
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)