~sircmpwn/himitsu-devel

3 2

Prompter not asking for confirmation

Hugo Osvaldo Barrera <hugo@barrera.io>
<20220628075848.gubkfyes2ozb55zr@victory>
When I run something like this:

    hiq -F password proto=smtps host=smtp.example.com user=testuser

I'm don't get a prompter asking me to confirm disclosing the secret; the
password gets printed right away.

I'm looking at the man pages himitsu(1) and himitsu.ini(5), and don't see
anything that I could be doing wrong.

I'm using himitsu-0.1, hiprompt-gtk-py-r18.f744993 (both AUR packages on Arch).

Any ideas on what I'm missing?

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera
<CL1LXZHDGB87.ZM8MTN3LUF7J@taiga>

hiq proto=smtps host=smtp.example.com user=testuser

Does it show this?

hiq proto=smtps host=smtp.example.com user=testuser password!

Or this:

hiq proto=smtps host=smtp.example.com user=testuser password=hunter2
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera <hugo@barrera.io>
<20220628083208.jrqikfqkjqg6hscx@victory>
In-Reply-To
<CL1LXZHDGB87.ZM8MTN3LUF7J@taiga> (view parent)
On 2022-06-28 10:00, Drew DeVault wrote:
> Is your password a secret key? When you run this:
>
> hiq proto=smtps host=smtp.example.com user=testuser
>
> Does it show this?
>
> hiq proto=smtps host=smtp.example.com user=testuser password!
>
> Or this:
>
> hiq proto=smtps host=smtp.example.com user=testuser password=hunter2

Ah, that was it, my bad.

I've deleted the entry and I'm trying to add it via:

    hiq -a proto=smtps host=smtp.example.com user=testuser 'password!'

But this core dumps:

    Abort: /build/himitsu/src/himitsu-0.1/secstore/secstore.ha:213:23: Invalid query submitted to secstore::add
    zsh: IOT instruction (core dumped)  himitsud

Obviously, my query was wrong. I take it that providing ONLY the password via
stdin is unsupported.

Running `hiq -a` and writing the whole thing into stdin worked fine.

Thanks for the help!

I did notice than when himitsu dies, it then fails to restart because the
socket needs to be deleted manually. I'm thinking of trying to patch this
(great excuse to learn hare!). What's the bast mechanism to determine that the
socket is from a "dead" instance? Trying to write to it and check if we get
SIGPIPE?

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera
<CL1MOV0KQSB8.1XUU43K1XQEJN@taiga>
On Tue Jun 28, 2022 at 10:32 AM CEST, Hugo Osvaldo Barrera wrote:
> I did notice than when himitsu dies, it then fails to restart because the
> socket needs to be deleted manually. I'm thinking of trying to patch this
> (great excuse to learn hare!). What's the bast mechanism to determine that the
> socket is from a "dead" instance? Trying to write to it and check if we get
> SIGPIPE?

Yeah, we could try to connect to it and run a version command or
something.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)