~sircmpwn/himitsu-discuss

1

[Feature Request] Secrets API integration

<60075783-1ed6-1ee5-55db-ff5109461fbe@activ.ism.rocks>
Hi list,

first of: Thanks to everyone developing and maintaining Himitsu, I've
been lacking a secrets manager that suits my needs for quite some time
now and it seems that Himitsu may come very close. If nothing else, I
will probably be using it to manage my SSH keys.

Now my question:
Some Programs (Like Nheko (a Matrix client) or Evolution (a Mail
client)) require a secrets manager to work that supports the Freedesktop
Secrets API. At the moment, I don't think any software besides Gnome
Keyring and KWallet do support it, both of which I can't get to run
reliably on my system. I know that Himitsu has its own API which looks
rather simple and straightforward, but is an integration with the
Freedesktop Secrets API on the roadmap or even of interest?

Including it would introduce some interesting problems, like the
question which entries should be synchronized with other systems or how
to define that for some keys and programs Himitsu should never ask for
permission again. (Although, admittedly, with SSH keys both questions
have to be answered somehow as well)

Thanks again!
<CKZYGW2490YG.19C24RBJT2S4F@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<60075783-1ed6-1ee5-55db-ff5109461fbe@activ.ism.rocks> (view parent)
You're welcome to create a third-party tool which connects dbus to
himitsu, but we're not interested in it upstream.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)