~sircmpwn/public-inbox

4 3

Re: BARE RFC draft expired

<1642145612.381542302@f520.i.mail.ru>
Hi, Jiri and Siva! What is your progress on bare spec?

==
Askar Safin
http://safinaskar.com
https://sr.ht/~safinaskar
https://github.com/safinaskar

Re: BARE RFC draft expired

<YeHmYreQBF07fKIU@gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<1642145612.381542302@f520.i.mail.ru> (view parent)
> Hi, Jiri and Siva! What is your progress on bare spec?

Unfortunately slow.

I reviewed RFCs on RFC process. BARE's intended status is
*Informational*. Therefore I believe that the I-D should be sent
directly to the Independent Submissions Editor (ISE) [1].

If the intention was to submit the BARE's I-D to the Standards track to
became an *Internet Standard*, requesting for comment the CBOR WG [2]
makes sense but is not strictly necessary by my understanding of RFC
2026, Section 6.1.1 [3]:

> A standards action is initiated by a recommendation by the IETF
> Working group responsible for a specification to its Area Director,
> copied to the IETF Secretariat or, in the case of a specification not
> associated with a Working Group, a recommendation by an individual to
> the IESG.

There is a feedback for draft-devault-bare-01 [4] in this mailing list.
I checked the archives for it. Currently, I'm in the process of
organizing the feedback found, and, more importantly, trying to
understand it.

I'm sure I'm not able to just write next BARE draft version. Therefore,
I propose the following steps:

1. Create git repo with the latest BARE draft XML [4] and use this
   mailing list to work on it, as I expect more contributors than just
   me. (I hope it's OK, Drew?)

2. When all the feedback is incorporated, submit draft-devault-bare-02,
   wait for one month, and if nothing happers, write to ISE and hope for
   the best.

[1]: https://www.rfc-editor.org/pubprocess/#submission
[2]: https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/cbor/about/
[3]: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc2026#section-6.1.1
[4]: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-devault-bare-01

Re: BARE RFC draft expired

<CH5PEC1G7ITX.2ZU8E2T96WYCI@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<YeHmYreQBF07fKIU@gmail.com> (view parent)
On Fri Jan 14, 2022 at 10:08 PM CET, Jiri Vlasak wrote:
> I hope it's OK, Drew?

Yes

Re: BARE RFC draft expired

Victorien Elvinger <victorien.elvinger@inria.fr>
<5f4f4f84-26dd-0a96-18a4-6761365597a6@inria.fr>
In-Reply-To
<YeHmYreQBF07fKIU@gmail.com> (view parent)
Hi @Jiri,

Did you create the repo? I cannot find it.

Thanks.

Re: BARE RFC draft expired

<Ye2x9InvnEMREatP@gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<5f4f4f84-26dd-0a96-18a4-6761365597a6@inria.fr> (view parent)
> Did you create the repo? I cannot find it.

https://git.sr.ht/~qeef/draft-devault-bare/

I also checked it's public and I can acces it in incognito window.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)