~sircmpwn/public-inbox

[COMMENT] re: in praise of postgres

Thomas Groman
<20211017152330.3c8c82bc@viridi>
You mention that postgres in the best SQL implementation in all regards
except for the local small embedded applications sqlite3 fills, but
what about clustered databases? You know when your SQL load exceeds
what a single server is capable of providing or when your availability
requirements have multiple servers going down before service is
affected. Is there really something on the Postgres side of things that
beats MariaDB's galera master:master cluster? HA and load scaling on
postgres I've only ever seen Postgres able to have a single master or
"write" node with an unlimited amount of read nodes. and if the master
node goes offline all your databases go read-only and have to manually
be brought back into sync which each other when you bring the master
back up, or move the master to a different server.

--
 _______________________________________
/  Against his wishes, a math teacher's \
| classroom was remodeled. Ever since,  |
| he's been talking about the good old  |
| dais. His students planted a small    |
| orchard in his honor; the trees all   |
\ have square roots.                    /
 ---------------------------------------
\
 \
   /\   /\