~sircmpwn/public-inbox

1

Re: Request for publication of Binary Application Record Encoding (BARE)

<20220512083158.GN2694@gmail.com>
Dear Eliot,

> The independent stream is specifically *prohibited* from producing
> standards.

thank you for your clarification. Based on your feedback, I think I
should go for the IETF standardization process.

>  * If you would like to consider using the IETF process, I can put you
>    in touch with the DISPATCH chairs and the area directors, just so
>    that they can assist you in getting the ball rolling.

That would be great, thank you. Is it ok to send an email to the
art@ietf.org mailing list asking for comments as a first step?

Have a nice day,
Jiri

Re: Request for publication of Binary Application Record Encoding (BARE)

Independent Submissions Editor (Eliot Lear) <rfc-ise@rfc-editor.org>
<a72190c1-5d3d-252a-296f-47471ef83bf2@rfc-editor.org>
In-Reply-To
<20220512083158.GN2694@gmail.com> (view parent)
Hi Jiri,

On 12.05.22 10:31, Jiri Vlasak wrote:
> Dear Eliot,
>
>> The independent stream is specifically *prohibited* from producing
>> standards.
> thank you for your clarification. Based on your feedback, I think I
> should go for the IETF standardization process.

Ok.  We'll start there.

>>   * If you would like to consider using the IETF process, I can put you
>>     in touch with the DISPATCH chairs and the area directors, just so
>>     that they can assist you in getting the ball rolling.
> That would be great, thank you. Is it ok to send an email to the
> art@ietf.org mailing list asking for comments as a first step?

Absolutely.  I will follow up with an email to specific individuals to
draw their attention to your work.  Please keep in mind, that you may
return to me if you do not see a lot of interest from the IETF.  That
doesn't mean that I absolutely will publish, but we can at least go
through the process.

Eliot

> Have a nice day,
> Jiri