~sircmpwn/public-inbox

1

Re: bleh

<20220530202022.3hxzblg7fon2wdaj@MacBook-Pro-de-Adolfo.local>
Hi there, Drew.

I just wanted to show a little bit of appreciation. I've known SourceHut
for a long time now, and I have to say I found it a very good forge to
host all of the FOSS projects we do.

I'm also sorry that you have to deal with the quantity of comments you
deal on a daily basis. Sometimes I find myself reading them, or even
finding your user in <insert here the platform> banned for some reason,
and I don't understand the reason behind that decission.

You might be one of the few persons that I find myself having good,
thoughful discussions (even if we ever talked more than three or four
times on IRC), and I enjoy a lot those moments.

> This stuff gets to me.

To who it wouldn't. We're persons, after all.

> I believe in my principles and I enjoy writing software that
> embodies them.

Among friends of my I've known for a long time, and long time FOSS
maintainers, you're one of the few people that I look upon while keeping
my principles and ethics in every line of code I write publicly, or even
participating in a public conversation.

You might get a lot of hate online, but there're also a lot of people
that are inspired by your work.

We might not say it aloud, and we should do it more often.

--

I'll close this email by saying thank you, Drew, for all the work you do
not only for SourceHut's users, but also for all the community.

Cheers!

Re: bleh

<CKDECFCKLAKM.30LK9V6452B3L@taiga>
In-Reply-To