~sircmpwn/public-inbox

2 2

Re: Backups & redundancy at sr.ht

<248c68eb-a151-b9f4-d539-9ed0bc3eb900@kolodziej.it>
Hello Drew,

Are you going to launch some utility for PostgreSQL load balancing and
fast failover like pgpool-II? If not, how are you planning to setup HA
for database?

Regards,
Kacper

Re: Backups & redundancy at sr.ht

<C02PVG2MFLZL.2JRSNKPL8NSPV@homura>
In-Reply-To
<248c68eb-a151-b9f4-d539-9ed0bc3eb900@kolodziej.it> (view parent)
I was planning on using pgbouncer, but I've spent very little time
evaluating it or experimenting with test environments.

Re: Backups & redundancy at sr.ht

<ea35a1fd-7593-8089-9a3f-996f763b13de@kolodziej.it>
In-Reply-To
<C02PVG2MFLZL.2JRSNKPL8NSPV@homura> (view parent)
> I was planning on using pgbouncer, but I've spent very little time
> evaluating it or experimenting with test environments.

Great. I am currently investigating possibilities. I'm setting up a
replicated HA PgSQL which will be used for a bunch of projects -
including my instance of sourcehut.

Pgbouncer is fine for me, but it doesn't include automatic failover. I
am considering between pgpool II and pgbouncer with repmgr. I would like
to limit used software, so pgpool II is preferred now, but I'm not fully
satisfied with its automatic failover. What's more I have some non
standard errors on quite standard configuration, so I'm not convinced.

I would be glad of hearing from you about your solutions when you will
be preparing HA setup.