~sircmpwn/public-inbox

Re: The Fediverse can be pretty toxic

<798ADB7D-FC91-4B16-A3C5-A93C2A033A2B@alanralph.co.uk>
Hi Drew,

I tried Mastodon for a while a few years ago, but eventually bailed because it is trying to be like Twitter, and unfortunately that includes a lot of the problems that Twitter. Like Twitter, I found it to be a time-sink unless I was very strict with how often I accessed it.

While I'm glad that Mastodon exists, and provides both a test for new ways of social media and a place for those who are targeted for abuse on Twitter, I don't think it's a solution in itself to social media's current problems. Rather, I see it as a stepping-stone towards a social media system formed of diverse but interoperable platforms and services that caters to different uses and needs.

Kind regards,
Alan
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)