~sircmpwn/public-inbox

4 3

[useplaintext.email] mu4e not in recommended section

<87fsyfeueq.fsf@pbeliveau.me>
Hi there,

I can see mu4e in the 'how to set up plaintext with other email clients'
but not in the 'recommended email clients for plaintext users'. Is there
a fundamental reason to not recommend mu4e but other GNU Emacs client
like Wanderlust and Gnus?

Thanks,
--
Philippe
PGP Fingerprint: 0x9E66C45D0B0AF826
Philippe Beliveau <pm@pbeliveau.me> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> I can see mu4e in the 'how to set up plaintext with other email clients'
> but not in the 'recommended email clients for plaintext users'. Is there
> a fundamental reason to not recommend mu4e but other GNU Emacs client
> like Wanderlust and Gnus?
>
> Thanks,

I believe this answers your question:
https://lists.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/public-inbox/%3C87o8u119nz.fsf%40adocentyn.io%3E

--
David
<CBJ8A7EZCM21.25CGJQRFFIDYY@taiga>
On Fri May 21, 2021 at 3:51 PM EDT, Philippe Beliveau wrote:
> I can see mu4e in the 'how to set up plaintext with other email clients'
> but not in the 'recommended email clients for plaintext users'. Is there
> a fundamental reason to not recommend mu4e but other GNU Emacs client
> like Wanderlust and Gnus?

mu4e does not have the right settings enabled by default.
<87r1ga54o3.fsf@pbeliveau.me>
In-Reply-To
<87fsyfeueq.fsf@pbeliveau.me> (view parent)
Philippe Beliveau <pm@pbeliveau.me> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> I can see mu4e in the 'how to set up plaintext with other email
> clients'
> but not in the 'recommended email clients for plaintext users'. Is
> there
> a fundamental reason to not recommend mu4e but other GNU Emacs client
> like Wanderlust and Gnus?
>
> Thanks,

Hi again,

I opened an issue in mu/mu4e repo. After testing with another on the
main branch, and the stable release, I can confirm that the previous
reason for not having mu4e in the recommended client is now fixed! [1]

For background, the previous reason was [2]:
> No, I'm talking about hard-wrapping lines. As I understand, something
> along the following lines is required:
>
> (add-hook 'message-mode-hook 'auto-fill-mode)

Should I create a pull request for https://useplaintext.email/ ?

[1] https://github.com/djcb/mu/issues/2030
[2]
https://lists.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/public-inbox/%3C87o8u119nz.fsf%40adocentyn.io%3E

--
Philippe
PGP Fingerprint: 0x9E66C45D0B0AF826
<CCN638S7T8U7.3JM57NL4G4SQM@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<87r1ga54o3.fsf@pbeliveau.me> (view parent)
On Wed Jul 7, 2021 at 2:58 PM EDT, Philippe Beliveau wrote:
> I opened an issue in mu/mu4e repo. After testing with another on the
> main branch, and the stable release, I can confirm that the previous
> reason for not having mu4e in the recommended client is now fixed! [1]

Lovely!

> Should I create a pull request for https://useplaintext.email/ ?

Yes, please send a patch.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)