~sircmpwn/public-inbox

3 2

Sourcehut Blog RSS Feed

<87v9lpl3ms.fsf@bulbul>

as a Sourcehut user I'm subscribed to the RSS feed, but whenever there's
a new post it seems only the first paragraph is included in the feed. Is
this intentional, or could it be changed. There are certainly many
others, who, like I prefer to read in a feed reader instead of opening a
browser.

--
	Philip K.
<C29J041Z1V0W.10K8YAQH7YNTH@homura>
In-Reply-To
<87v9lpl3ms.fsf@bulbul> (view parent)
Turning this into a thread about the RSS feed, there are a couple other
issues I've noticed lately. This article was published twice, one day
apart:

https://drewdevault.com/2020/04/05/My-weird-branchless-git-workflow.html
https://drewdevault.com/2020/04/06/My-weird-branchless-git-workflow.html

The earlier one is no longer listed, and it appears to not have been
re-rendered since it was originally published, i.e. it's an older
version of the template. This artifact doesn't show up in the site's Git
repository. Perhaps a stale file left behind in the generator's output
directory? And perhaps it was originally generated with the wrong date
due to a clock issue?

Around the same time all the RSS GUIDs changed, resulting in what was
semantically a bunch of new feed items. The old GUIDs contained two
slashes after the domain name, but now they have only one. According to
d8863b8, this was a one-time correction and you probably already know
about this.
<C29JJ3EIJFYJ.3V8GQKEZMHMD@homura>
In-Reply-To
<20200424152420.e2bodxpc5trxpi6s@nullprogram.com> (view parent)
I was dealing with several bugs in the RSS feed over the course of a
couple of weeks. It should have settled down now.
Export thread (mbox)