~sircmpwn/public-inbox

Re: I don't trust Signal

Rick Cogley
<B12C3FED-D258-44BA-8DD2-333FC8B7CA55@cogley.jp>
Thanks for this post. It was an eye opener to read about your take on
Signal, and the threads you linked. I'm trying to figure out good,
secure chat alternatives, for my situation, needing to chat in both
Japanese and English.

For instance, I’ve looked at matrix.org on and off for a good long
while, and one of the big challenges has been to get Japanese search
working (goes for _any_ open source chat system, and probably also
for any CJK language). It finally does, in recent versions. CJK
languages don't have spaces, so they need different indexing
strategies, which are not often the top priority for open source
software teams.

--
Rick Cogley
M: +81-90-9959-5452