~sircmpwn/public-inbox

4 3

BARE C (Arduino) implementation

<C5NG58FOYMEW.1T2VFVMF6DKJ3@dawn>

I'm building some Arduino based sensor nodes sending collected data via
LoRaWAN. The bandwidth is fairly limited so I'm currently using
CayenneLPP[1] which tries to shrink data. After all CayenneLPP is still
self-describing, which somewhat wastes a few bytes.

Is anyone aware of a C(pp) implementation that could be used on Arduino?

Best & thanks for the draft,
Paul

[1]: https://github.com/ElectronicCats/CayenneLPP/
<C5NZAAAFG8CL.1CMTD07EPGGUQ@homura>
In-Reply-To
<C5NG58FOYMEW.1T2VFVMF6DKJ3@dawn> (view parent)
I don't know of anyone who's written a C implementation, but it should
be pretty easy to do.
<887128b1-9c21-44de-850d-b7a477cf31f3@pixelhero.dev>
In-Reply-To
<C5NZAAAFG8CL.1CMTD07EPGGUQ@homura> (view parent)
Sep 15, 2020 9:31:24 AM Drew DeVault <sir@cmpwn.com>:

> I don't know of anyone who's written a C implementation, but it should
> be pretty easy to do.

I'm intending to get one done by the weekend.

- Noam Preil
<C67Q5W058N80.30568OOUMJK56@dawn>
In-Reply-To
<C5NZAAAFG8CL.1CMTD07EPGGUQ@homura> (view parent)
Hey Noam, any news on this?

Kind regards,
Paul
<2687dd6c-eed6-428e-bdeb-85bfa54f9f0d@pixelhero.dev>
In-Reply-To
<C67Q5W058N80.30568OOUMJK56@dawn> (view parent)
Hey,

I took some time to go over the existing impls (Go and Zig, for
instance), and get a better understanding of the format. I've begun work
on the actual impl and expect to have it done in the next few days or a
week, depending on how much time I have available.

- Noam Preil
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)