~sircmpwn/public-inbox

2 2

[gddo] go mod vendor

<C8I4GJYZYXE9.1T7DFAGTQWUT6@nitro>
Is there an advantage to using go mod vendor instead of the go module
cache? If there is, then I believe it needs to be run again to add the
go-humanize dependency. Otherwise, perhaps we should just remove the
vendor directory.

Only advantage that I can think of is that running git clone would get
you all the files you need to build the project.
<C8I4MHK18KFE.26VZER3CWYFX1@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<C8I4GJYZYXE9.1T7DFAGTQWUT6@nitro> (view parent)
I think we'd be better off ditching the vendor directory.
<C8I4ON8BS5JJ.2Y07T7EKQXZT7@nitro>
In-Reply-To
<C8I4MHK18KFE.26VZER3CWYFX1@taiga> (view parent)
On Wed Jan 13, 2021 at 10:14 AM EST, Drew DeVault wrote:
> I think we'd be better off ditching the vendor directory.

I agree. That way we can add and remove dependencies with ease.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)