~sircmpwn/public-inbox

2 2

A comment for the Dont-use-Discord-for-FOSS article

Антон Кочков <anton.kochkov@gmail.com>
<CA+8M6w=kQKn09J3Qpmrvdh6RW8wwsv+JGOzQhtFaUwV6ji=ewA@mail.gmail.com>
Good time of the day!
Speaking about the
https://drewdevault.com/2021/12/28/Dont-use-Discord-for-FOSS.html
article, I just wanted to add that an often overlooked alternative to
Slack is Mattermost[1][2], we use it for the Rizin project and are
more or less happy with it. All clients and servers are obviously
FOSS. There is also a quite nice console client for it -
Matterhorn[3].

Best regards,
Anton Kochkov.

[1] https://mattermost.com/
[2] https://github.com/mattermost
[3] https://github.com/matterhorn-chat/matterhorn
<3FSUUF5S46X2P.2PKD8DSQU9NOI@stacyharper.net>
In-Reply-To
<CA+8M6w=kQKn09J3Qpmrvdh6RW8wwsv+JGOzQhtFaUwV6ji=ewA@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)

There is also a very good Weechat backend I wrote :)

https://sr.ht/~reedwade/wee-matter/
Martin Dosch <martin@mdosch.de>
<20220202094346.b4qddjqilfm6hnmc@mdosch.de>
In-Reply-To
<CA+8M6w=kQKn09J3Qpmrvdh6RW8wwsv+JGOzQhtFaUwV6ji=ewA@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)

I wonder why XMPP is not even mentioned when it comes to OSS and Chat. I
know that you prefer IRC but I think XMPP should also be considered as
an alternative, especially since you even mention Matrix.

Best regards,
Martin
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)