~sircmpwn/public-inbox

1

Scribe: an alternative frontend for Medium

Kyle Williams
<CACn2xWM=-TPq7qBOScDryQCg0gvZucXpT14wKj1=bmMVp95_gw@mail.gmail.com>
Hey,

There's a new fighter in the war to reclaim the internet [1]. Scribe
[2] is a user-friendly, JavaScript-less
alternative frontend to Medium which makes use of their private
GraphQL API. The site is still in its
early stages--for example, GitHub gists aren't included in the markup,
which makes a lot of
programming-oriented articles confusing to read--but it's still pretty good.
Its source is hosted on SourceHut [3], so go take a look. I actually
tried doing this myself the
other day after finishing up work on readability.site, but Medium's
JSON-based markup is
very strange and esoteric, so I have got to give Edward some props for
seeing it through to a
very nice MVP.

Kyle Williams

[1] https://drewdevault.com/2021/09/23/Nitter-and-other-internet-reclamation-projects.html