~sircmpwn/public-inbox

Software developers should avoid traumatic changes

Owen
<CAGjjcJh8G3syhsB_hktfwiGpSSgYGXSVvfAPqStrq5uTqcH0FA@mail.gmail.com>
I was reading your article about change. It does not even have to be
one change to a language it can also be a series of little changes
that favour one paradigm by a vocal online group on a religious quest
to make the language "modern" without any knowledge of its history.
It is just the way software is in this modern day of beginner
tutorials.

Change for change sake is the modern mantra whether it is through
never-ending support, security patches or platform churn.

I wrote my thoughts down on my blog; PHP, RFCs and Changing
fundamental language behaviors; http://owensoft.net/v4/item/2570/