~sircmpwn/public-inbox

Re: Is GitHub a derivative work of GPL'd software?

<b516cfbc-a169-4ca6-a0c2-089fde801278@benaaron.dev>
Oh boy, this is an interesting one. Both the legal and ethical questions.
I haven't ruminate enough to make a judgment on the ethical questions
involved with this yet, though I definitely agree that the current state
of things is fraught.

The legal question is curious. I'm no lawyer, so I don't know what the
legality is on paper. However, in situations like this, the side with the
money almost always comes out on top. So I doubt anyone will be able to
successfully sue GitHub over this. Especially considering the potential
ramifications of the president a ruling like that could set.
--
- Ben Aaron Goldberg (he/they)
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)