~sircmpwn/public-inbox

Re: The reckless, infinite scope of web browsers

Marc Boocha
<b95a568f-10c4-d56d-2a8d-670473a96290@gmail.com>
Nice writeup.

One idea I had which could work to reduce this issue is splitting up
browser into separate libraries. It even better if this libraries had
some partial standardization. At least then browser can rely on work of
libraries that can also used in non browser domain. Stuff like sensors
api could be converted to a C api that can be used in IOT, mobile or
desktop.

One I hate about Chrome and Firefox is not the increasing scope, but a
massive NIH syndrome. Components like V8, Spidermonkey, Skia are also
break ABI every release so anything using them pretty much vendor them.

Your thoughts?

--
Regards,
Marc Pervaz Boocha