~sircmpwn/sr.ht-announce

What's cooking on SourceHut? December 2020

<C7THBWK0Y8WQ.1VX1D61XFD0Y0@taiga>
A brisk wind of winter chill sets a stir down my spine, as I sit down
with a fresh cup of coffee to yarn a story of careful engineering and
passionate spirit that took place over the course of 30 days. The last
30 days. Cause this is the monthly “what’s cooking” post. Welcome! This
month we’re joined by 815 new users, bringing the total to 19,024.
Please give them your warmest welcome and help them learn the ropes.

Our next public Mumble conference will be held tomorrow at 16:00 UTC, on
voice.mnus.de, port 64738, in the sourcehut room. Please join us to
share your feedback, ask questions, and so on.

# General news

The big news this month is the rollout of API 2.0 support for meta.sr.ht
and git.sr.ht, both of which have reached feature parity with their REST
counterparts. For meta.sr.ht as well, our new OAuth 2.0 backend has
shipped and is fully compliant with RFC 6749.

todo.sr.ht is up next, and work for API 2.0-native webhooks is going to
begin soon as well.

# meta.sr.ht

Here are the resources for meta.sr.ht’s GraphQL support:

https://man.sr.ht/graphql.md            Documentation
https://meta.sr.ht/graphql              Playground
https://man.sr.ht/meta.sr.ht/oauth.md   OAuth 2.0 docs

There were also some improvements to our abuse prevention capabilities
after a wave of spam registrations — if any third-party sr.ht admins
require similar interventions for their instances, please reach out in
private.

# git.sr.ht

git.sr.ht’s GraphQL API grew support for mutations, like repository
creation and artifact uploads. Resources:

https://man.sr.ht/graphql.md    Documentation
https://git.sr.ht/graphql       Playground

# lists.sr.ht

Email replies to patchset threads can now include a custom header,
X-Sourcehut-Patchset-Update to update the status of the patchset to
ACCEPTED, REJECTED, NEEDS_REVISION, and so on. Additionally, a couple of
buttons have been added to all mailing lists which allow any user — list
admin or not — to download an archive of either the last 30 days, or the
entire list’s history, as an mbox for importing into their local mail
spool.

# builds.sr.ht

NixOS 19.09 has been removed following its upstream deprecation.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)