~sircmpwn/sr.ht-announce

What's cooking on Sourcehut? January 2021

<C8JU2D48HVLL.2R83EC27XVOP2@taiga>
Another year begins, and hopefully with better prospects for us all.
SourceHut has emerged from 2020 relatively unscathed, thankfully, and I
hope the same is true of most of our users. A body which, by the way,
today numbers 19,647 strong, up 623 from December. Please warmly welcome
our new members, and be sure to lend them your expertise as they learn
how to use our tools.

Tomorrow's public Mumble conference will be held at 16:00 UTC, on
voice.mnus.de, port 64738, in the sourcehut room. Feel free to join us
to share your thoughts and ask your questions. See you there!

## General news

First, a much asked-for feature is now available: a dark theme! I
actually rolled out the first roll on this feature a few hours after
publishing last month's status update. It is enabled automatically when
your user-agent requests it via prefers-color-scheme: dark[0]. A few
iterations of improvements have already been performed, and we are
keeping a list of matters for attention in future patches, but please
feel free to share your feedback on sr.ht-discuss as you encounter any
issues.

[0]: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/@media/prefers-color-scheme

## todo.sr.ht

As promised, we broke ground on API 2.0 for todo.sr.ht this month. Feel
free to check out the draft GraphQL schema[1] if you are curious to know
more.

[1]: https://git.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/todo.sr.ht/tree/api/item/api/graph/schema.graphqls

## hg.sr.ht

Following the roll-out of git.sr.ht's API 2.0 implementation, Ludovic
Chabant has been hard at work on developing a prototype of an API 2.0
branch for hg.sr.ht as well. I intend to review this and help form it
into a production-ready implementation in the coming weeks.

## git.sr.ht

Small news: you can now update the patchset revision in the patch
preparation UI. Nolan Prescott also contributed some fixes to this
workflow for some missed edge cases.

## dispatch.sr.ht

An experimental feature is now available which allows dispatch.sr.ht
users to forward patches sent to a lists.sr.ht mailing list to GitLab as
merge requests, and convey the enusing discussions between both mediums.
YMMV.

## builds.sr.ht

There have been some minor fixes and improvements to the following
images:

- Debian
- Fedora
- NixOS

Additional Fedora improvements are in the pipeline, as well as a new
Void Linux image.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)