~sircmpwn/sr.ht-announce

What's cooking on Sourcehut? June 2021

<CC4AKM5UKA8G.SF6QBMUFZ4XJ@taiga>
Halfway through 2021! Things are on-track for my hopes to have the beta
ship this year. Joining us on the way are 23,228 users, of which 640 are
new this month. Remember to be patient with them as they learn the ins
and outs of using sr.ht!

This month's Mumble meeting will take place on the normal date tomorrow,
June 16th, at 16:00 UTC. We'll be on voice.mnus.de, port 64738, in the
sourcehut room.

## meta.sr.ht

I have overhauled the registration workflow in preparation for the
future billing changes for the beta, more clearly distinguishing between
the "contributor" approach and the "maintainer" approach — only the
latter ultimately being expected to pay for their account. I've also
made some improvements for admins of third-party instances to make it
easier to provide billing support following the changes to builds.sr.ht
payment.

## builds.sr.ht

Mandatory payment is now in effect for all builds.sr.ht usage, for all
users. If you require financial assistance, please email me explaining
your circumstances and you will be issued free service credits.

As promised, the writable GraphQL API has shipped, allowing you to use
GraphQL to submit jobs, manage job groups, and work with secrets.

Additionally, thanks to Michael Forney's finishing touches on the old
patchset, the NetBSD image is now available as "netbsd/9.x" (aka
"netbsd/latest") and "netbsd/8.x". Furthermore:

- Fedora 35 is now available
- NixOS 21.05 is now available, and 20.03 has been removed
- OpenBSD 6.9 is now available, and 6.7 has been removed
- Minor improvements have been made to Arch Linux

## lists.sr.ht

The initial draft of the planned lists.sr.ht GraphQL API has been
written, and you can read it here[0] (send feedback to IRC).
Additionally, Simon Ser has broken ground on go-emailthreads[1], which
we hope to use to provide more robust email discussion parsing for
future improvements to code review tooling.  Developing this GraphQL API
is our focus for the coming weeks.

[0]: https://git.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/lists.sr.ht/tree/api/item/api/graph/schema.graphqls
[1]: https://git.sr.ht/~emersion/go-emailthreads
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)