~sircmpwn/sr.ht-announce

What's cooking on SourceHut? December 2021

<CGFSCZFDUL87.2JOVID0N57YHD@megumin>
Hello and happy holidays! I hope that our 26,246 member userbase is
enjoying the cold weather (or the warm weather, in the south). Remember
to remind the people you work with on SourceHut, and others besides,
that you care about them. We have many new users this month, and I hope
you will extend them the same kindness and patience which you remember
from your own first steps on SourceHut.

This month’s public Mumble meeting will take place tomorrow at 10:00 UTC
in the usual place, voice.mnus.de in the sourcehut room. This time, I
called for suggestions for an agenda on sr.ht-discuss[0] — now would be
an opportune time to add your own suggestions if you haven’t already.

[0]: https://lists.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/sr.ht-discuss/%3CCFXVLXTHGFRT.SDU03YTQ98E%40taiga%3E

# chat.sr.ht

Towards the beginning of this month, we announced chat.sr.ht[1], a
hosted IRC bouncer for SourceHut users. Please give it a shot if you
haven’t yet. Simon has been hard at work improving it further still
since the launch, and mainly making improvements to usability and fixing
bugs. The next major development will be the introduction of the
REGISTER extension, which we will follow-up on by writing patches for
the rest of the IRC ecosystem to help nudge adoption along, alongside
our other IRC standardization work[2].

[1]: https://sourcehut.org/blog/2021-11-29-announcing-the-chat.sr.ht-public-beta/
[2]: https://github.com/ircv3/ircv3-specifications/pulls/emersion

# todo.sr.ht

Thanks to Robin Jarry’s patches, you can now reference and close tickets
on todo.sr.ht from your git.sr.ht commits using standard git trailers.
Check out the docs[3] for details. Robin was very patient with my
demands for this patchset — thanks Robin!

[3]: https://man.sr.ht/git.sr.ht/#referencing-tickets-in-git-commit-messages

Ignas Kiela has also taken it upon themselves to spend more time
improving SourceHut monitoring and performance, landing patches
throughout SourceHut this month to improve our metrics and using the
information derived from these improved metrics to guide his work in
todo.sr.ht patches. Thanks, Ignas, keep it up!

The planned writable GraphQL API release for todo.sr.ht is taking longer
than anticipated, and will require a couple more weeks still. todo.sr.ht
is one of the most complex services on SourceHut, and getting every
little interaction right is a fair bit of work. It’s not helped by the
fact that we’re slowing down a bit to rest at the end of the year —
sorry for the wait.

# git.sr.ht

You can now upload more than one artifact to a git tag at the same time.
Adnan Maolood has also helped to refine the vcs-autodiscovery[4]
specification, alongside ~ancarda, and implemented it both in git.sr.ht
and godocs.io, to provide a standard means of accessing forge-related
metadata for git repositories.

[4]: https://sr.ht/~ancarda/vcs-autodiscovery/

# builds.sr.ht

Image updates:

- nixos/21.11 is now available, and 20.09 has been removed
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)