~sircmpwn/sr.ht-announce

What's cooking on SourceHut? March 2022

<CIKEPDSDADPP.3T81DUDA2UX3V@taiga>
Today we celebrate another 487 new members who've joined since our last
update, bringing our community to 27,896 users in total. As always, I'm
relying on you to be patient with them as they learn the ropes and to
make sure they feel welcome here. This month saw many improvements, but
much of them were internal changes or bug fixes, so this update will be
somewhat short.

The Mumble meeting for this month is again cancelled, as the call for
agenda items returned no answers. Going forward, we will set up meetings
only for specific discussions, such as future discussions on billing
changes for the alpha to beta transition.

## General News

SourceHut for Alpine Linux 3.15[0] is now available, and the 3.14
repository is no longer maintained. Self hosters are encouraged to
upgrade at their earliest convenience.

[0]: https://lists.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/sr.ht-admins/%3CCI1WEI9N6SXZ.L6YK21RIRDUE%40taiga%3E

## git.sr.ht

It is now possible to create new repositories by cloning them from an
existing git URL[1].

[1]: https://git.sr.ht/clone

## builds.sr.ht

Alpine 3.11 has been removed following its deprecation upstream. Issues
with 9front builds have also been corrected, and further Plan 9
improvements are underway.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)