~sircmpwn/sr.ht-dev

2 2

Mail lists archives view contains form that appears not to do anything

<20200911170652.snvzbfmeh5mjy4u2@sofaking>
Hi!

I was looking at the rendered HTML for lists.sr.ht and noticed there's a <form>
with the class "event-list" that surrounds a sequence of <div class="event
archive-entry">.

The first thing I noticed is that form is emitted regardless of whether or not
the user is logged in. (Log out of sr.ht and look at
https://lists.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/sr.ht-dev/ for example.)

Digging into the source code it seems that the "event-list" form is for
performing bulk updates to the mailing list. But Drew corrected me: It's only
for the patches view (ie https://lists.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/sr.ht-dev/patches) that
bulk update is available - which makes sense - and only the mailing list owner.

The second thing is that the form is rendered regardless which view we're
looking at (archives or patches).

I was wondering if it'd make sense to omit the "event-list" form when viewing
the "archives" tab?

-- Thomas
<C5LG7APTH9IC.X7IRMA3A3AL9@homura>
In-Reply-To
<20200911170652.snvzbfmeh5mjy4u2@sofaking> (view parent)
Thanks for following up, I just pushed a fix for this.
<20200912143703.y2u5w5u7abrq36qi@sofaking>
In-Reply-To
<C5LG7APTH9IC.X7IRMA3A3AL9@homura> (view parent)
> Thanks for following up, I just pushed a fix for this.

No problem, was an easy fix, it seems :-)
Export thread (mbox)