~sircmpwn/sr.ht-dev

5 2

Help setting up sr.ht

<CADBINGUOVPT.3CXTN2BSKRL6N@X200>
Would anyone be able to help me setup SourceHut on my laptop so I can
make some patches? When I've tried to get meta.sr.ht running, I've
gotten past all the Python dependencies, but now I'm stuck on this:

    File to import not found or unreadable: bootstrap/scss/functions.
    >> @import "bootstrap/scss/functions";

Is this Bootstrap? As in <https://getbootstrap.com/>? Or is it a file
from core.sr.ht that I need to symlink?
<CADBL47V1IG1.1LOS1JG18C8WW@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<CADBINGUOVPT.3CXTN2BSKRL6N@X200> (view parent)
Make sure you have submodules checked out.
<CADBYTZHXWV9.1IYG04KP9TR6T@X200>
In-Reply-To
<CADBL47V1IG1.1LOS1JG18C8WW@taiga> (view parent)
On Fri Apr 2, 2021 at 3:49 PM BST, Drew DeVault wrote:
> Make sure you have submodules checked out.

Thanks, that got rid of the bootstrap error.
Unfortunately I now get a type error:

    TypeError: expected str, bytes or os.PathLike object, not NoneType

Full log is here:
https://paste.sr.ht/~ancarda/2806675fb96670313ef0a99b69e56202a03e31e0

Do I have the right version of Python (3.9.2)?
<CADBZW2SVKTL.5KOZ4VW56NHT@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<CADBYTZHXWV9.1IYG04KP9TR6T@X200> (view parent)
3.8.x is the latest officially supported version, but I would be
surprised to know that they broken this in 3.9. You'll have to
investigate further on your own.

For my part, I don't use setup.py to install these modules while working
on them; I use PYTHONPATH instead.
<CADC5J66TOLR.DOEUWARAC9NU@X200>
In-Reply-To
<CADBZW2SVKTL.5KOZ4VW56NHT@taiga> (view parent)
On Fri Apr 2, 2021 at 4:09 PM BST, Drew DeVault wrote:
> 3.8.x is the latest officially supported version, but I would be
> surprised to know that they broken this in 3.9. You'll have to
> investigate further on your own.

Alright, I'll try with Python 3.8.

> For my part, I don't use setup.py to install these modules while
> working on them; I use PYTHONPATH instead.

Could you give me an example of that? I don't actually use Python, so
I have no idea how to get this running.
<CADC5QW0WMNG.2MNF62XD4VYXD@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<CADC5J66TOLR.DOEUWARAC9NU@X200> (view parent)
grep the internet for PYTHONPATH, should be easy to find.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)