Re: Can't create Git repo in self-hosted instance

<0Nql-lmekzCTTuXOjsexto29HFx1vd6Qo-Iy4WKlKUXFU_LWCozAkNRpdg24tpIkKhbu749LqyF0K9VWtV7wLp1xR2zfPvAVuY1CITMySho=@protonmail.com>
Thank you very much for your messages!

Well, in this case, I can send you the *.sr.ht*.log files that can be found in /var/log: https://paste.sr.ht/~occhioverde/c6b9e90c433fbe05f5a58f64aad1aea4a539f83d (the entries are the one printed between the startup and my attempt to reproduce the error).

> you need to rotate your secrets, since they are included in
that paste

Yes, for now I'm doing an installation test with temporary secrets. I already planned to change them as soon as I can get the VM to production.

--
Riccardo Sacchetto
Student and Open Source developer

Email: sacchetto.ricky@protonmail.com
GnuPG Key: B08C8826D870416E5FA92C9FB5721186D477ABB3

Re: Can't create Git repo in self-hosted instance

<juk7PKQiPgJjGV9KmsMDAHwbEjJduQQmX1kDpUPsAwaxb2OuV4hIe_KUigxFsqJEqxHA_n6BGClEmqa0ja5X183UgGLc3zyL9d1vsx3d9Hk=@protonmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<0Nql-lmekzCTTuXOjsexto29HFx1vd6Qo-Iy4WKlKUXFU_LWCozAkNRpdg24tpIkKhbu749LqyF0K9VWtV7wLp1xR2zfPvAVuY1CITMySho=@protonmail.com> (view parent)
Good morning.
Today I had the pleasure to talk with adnano on the #sr.ht IRC channel about the issue I originally described and, thanks to his help, I managed to extract the error ("operation not found") that every GraphQL query was throwing on execution.
This message gave adnano the clue that the problem I was experiencing may have been caused by a wrong behavior on nginx's part. In fact, after uncommenting lines 120 and 221 of the config.ini I sent along with my first message, my srht instance started behaving normally.
Now the question is, as adnano himself highlighted on IRC, how it can be possible that the official nginx config files I installed from the Alpine repo are causing an issue that is forcing us to entirely bypass the reverse proxy?
As far as I can understand (correct me if I'm wrong) I can keep my instance working with api-origin set even though it is a feature meant for developers, but I really would like to know what I messed up in my nginx setup.
Thank you very much in advance for your inputs.
Have a nice day.

--
Riccardo Sacchetto
Student and Open Source developer

Email: sacchetto.ricky@protonmail.com
GnuPG Key: B08C8826D870416E5FA92C9FB5721186D477ABB3

> > Getting log entries will get us further.
>

> Well, in this case, I can send you the .sr.ht.log files that can be found in /var/log: https://paste.sr.ht/~occhioverde/c6b9e90c433fbe05f5a58f64aad1aea4a539f83d (the entries are the one printed between the startup and my attempt to reproduce the error).
>

> > you need to rotate your secrets, since they are included in
>

> that paste
>

> Yes, for now I'm doing an installation test with temporary secrets. I already planned to change them as soon as I can get the VM to production.
>

> --
> Riccardo Sacchetto
> Student and Open Source developer
>

> Email: sacchetto.ricky@protonmail.com
> GnuPG Key: B08C8826D870416E5FA92C9FB5721186D477ABB3

Re: Can't create Git repo in self-hosted instance

<84149621-4a18-7b47-dd3f-29a155a2d94a@bitfehler.net>
In-Reply-To
<juk7PKQiPgJjGV9KmsMDAHwbEjJduQQmX1kDpUPsAwaxb2OuV4hIe_KUigxFsqJEqxHA_n6BGClEmqa0ja5X183UgGLc3zyL9d1vsx3d9Hk=@protonmail.com> (view parent)
Hey,

On 7/14/22 23:12, Riccardo Sacchetto wrote:
> Now the question is, as adnano himself highlighted on IRC, how it
> can be possible that the official nginx config files I installed
> from the Alpine repo are causing an issue that is forcing us to
> entirely bypass the reverse proxy?
Configuration depends on many things, such as environment and desired
setup. Distributed config files cannot reasonably expected to work for
everyone.

> As far as I can understand (correct me if I'm wrong) I can keep my
> instance working with api-origin set even though it is a feature meant
> for developers, but I really would like to know what I messed up in my
> nginx setup.

It is not intended for developers, it is intended for setups that
require it, the typical dev setup just happening to be one of those. Can
you supply more information about what the problem was with regards to
the nginx config?

Conrad
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)