Happy Four years anniversary!

<166852382844.8.5431626592341874949.76069283@ploum.eu>
Hello,

Just read the blog post about the four years anniversary:
https://sourcehut.org/blog/2022-11-15-four-years/

First: congratulations. I would like to say that your work and your
success are really appreciated. The no-compromise on ethical aspects is
really a high-value proposition for me. It looks like I’ve found a real
home for my blog and for my projects.

(I talk about it here :
https://ploum.be/2022-11-15-offpunk17-sourcehut.html
gemini://ploum.be/2022-11-15-offpunk17-sourcehut.gmi

I’ve a few remarks about the post:

1. names.sr.ht

YEAH! That’s really something I look forward. Also, completely in line
with the service.

2. mail.sr.ht?

Why I would really like it, happy provided mail hosting myself 15 years
ago, I know how this field is completely crazy. There’s a huge
competition for the few breadcrumbs not on gmail/outlook and, at the
same time, lot of expectations (like calendars, file sharing, instant
search, antispam). So I would be really curious to see it if it happens.

With one main question: would you be able to receive HTML emails (and to
send them) on such service?

3. Gemini

This is a concern of mine: as Drew seems to be tired of Gemini, I would
like to say that, as a paying consumer, gemini hosting is really
important to me and one of the reason that made me adapt to sourcehut
instead of trying to find something more suited for my needs. I really
wanted to support a gemini hosting company.

4. Pay for someone else

I’m not sure about my current rate but I’m really happy to pay for my
sourcehut account. Something that could be done would be to add the
ability to "pay for someone in need" where you would pay more money that
could be used for people who can’t pay their account.

Keep up the good work and thank you for what you provide to the
community.

--
Ploum - Lionel Dricot
Blog: https://www.ploum.net — Livres: https://ploum.net/livres
On Tue Nov 15, 2022 at 3:50 PM CET,  wrote:
> Just read the blog post about the four years anniversary:
> https://sourcehut.org/blog/2022-11-15-four-years/
>
> First: congratulations.

Thanks :)

> 2. mail.sr.ht?
>
> With one main question: would you be able to receive HTML emails (and to
> send them) on such service?

Yes.

> This is a concern of mine: as Drew seems to be tired of Gemini, I would
> like to say that, as a paying consumer, gemini hosting is really
> important to me and one of the reason that made me adapt to sourcehut
> instead of trying to find something more suited for my needs. I really
> wanted to support a gemini hosting company.

I have personally lost interest in Gemini but I see no reason to stop
supporting it for pages.sr.ht any time soon, it doesn't cost us
anything.

> I’m not sure about my current rate but I’m really happy to pay for my
> sourcehut account. Something that could be done would be to add the
> ability to "pay for someone in need" where you would pay more money that
> could be used for people who can’t pay their account.

This is something we have thought about, the answer is "maybe".

Cheers!
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)