Moving a mailing-list inside a project

<166930787760.7.3902936292698273723.78593273@ploum.eu>
In my ~lioploum/offpunk project, I use two mailing-lists:

offpunk-devel
offpunk-users

I realized that offpunk-users is not listed when clicking on the
"mailing-lists" tab inside the offpunk project.

I believe that this was caused by creating the list from my own list
page and not from offpunk page. I find this quite confusing and I didn’t
find any explanations.

I would be nice to move a mailing-list from a project or another. In
fact, this could be done for sources and ticket tracker too.

May I add that when there’s only one source/ticket, it would be nice to
access it immediately? (this must not be automatic, the project settings
may allow you to decide if you want one or multiple for each of
source/mailing/list/ticket).

--
Ploum - Lionel Dricot
Blog: https://www.ploum.net — Livres: https://ploum.net/livres
On Thu Nov 24, 2022 at 5:37 PM CET,  wrote:
> In my ~lioploum/offpunk project, I use two mailing-lists:
>
> offpunk-devel
> offpunk-users
>
> I realized that offpunk-users is not listed when clicking on the
> "mailing-lists" tab inside the offpunk project.

You should be able to add the mailing list to the offpunk projects by
clicking the mailing list tab and choosing "Add mailing list" from the
column on the right. You can add the same mailing list to as many
projects as you like. Ditto for trackers, repos, etc.

> May I add that when there’s only one source/ticket, it would be nice to
> access it immediately? (this must not be automatic, the project settings
> may allow you to decide if you want one or multiple for each of
> source/mailing/list/ticket).

Project owners always get taken to the list page, so that they have
access to the "add" and "manage" features, but non-owners are taken
directly to the git repo or whatever if there is only one. Try looking
at your project while logged out.
<166932520837.7.9513530581475574642.78654514@ploum.eu>
In-Reply-To
<COKRO6NS3VJF.KGTOUX3RHNO7@taiga> (view parent)
On 22/11/24 08:18, Drew DeVault - sir at cmpwn.com wrote:
>On Thu Nov 24, 2022 at 5:37 PM CET,  wrote:
>
>You should be able to add the mailing list to the offpunk projects by
>clicking the mailing list tab and choosing "Add mailing list" from the
>column on the right. You can add the same mailing list to as many
>projects as you like. Ditto for trackers, repos, etc.

Thanks a lot, that answers perfectly my need (missed it because I was in
a small browser window and didn’t scrolled enough, my bad)

>> May I add that when there’s only one source/ticket, it would be nice to
>> access it immediately? (this must not be automatic, the project settings
>> may allow you to decide if you want one or multiple for each of
>> source/mailing/list/ticket).
>
>Project owners always get taken to the list page, so that they have
>access to the "add" and "manage" features, but non-owners are taken
>directly to the git repo or whatever if there is only one. Try looking
>at your project while logged out.

That’s just perfect. Thanks!
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)