Uploading a website in several steps

<167027202046.7.17914212634432261276.81673156@ploum.eu>

I’m still investigating how to workaround frequent build failures of my
website and had the idea of doing several tar.gz insteal of one?

If my website is:

- index.html
- folderA/somefiles
- folderB/somefiles

Can I build two tar.gz?

Like:

a.tar.gz contains index.html and folderA
b.tar.gz contains folderB

If I acurl both tar.gz, will they overwrite each other or recreate the
original structure?

Most importantly: do you believe that this could help to avoid build
failures?

(asking if it worths the time to work on a script generating multiple
ta.gz)

--
Ploum - Lionel Dricot
Blog: https://www.ploum.net
On 22/12/05 11:56, Drew DeVault - sir at cmpwn.com wrote:
>This might help depending on your failure mode, but it would be helpful
>to know exactly how your uploads are failing. Also, I would recommend
>using hut(1) over acurl.

A few months ago, hut was failing every single time and the author said
it was become of the number of small files. I don’t know if the issue
with hut as been solved.

A fellow sourcehuter told me to use acurl instead which worked.

I’m willing to help debug the issue as I may be one of the first with
lot of small files but probably not the last.

See the following thread for more reports:
https://lists.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/sr.ht-discuss/%3C166962587213.7.17616914652932105630.79592835%40ploum.eu%3E

Should I continue to post on this list or is there a list/chat dedicated
where I could bring the discussion about that?

--
Ploum - Lionel Dricot
Blog: https://www.ploum.net
Livres: https://ploum.net/livres.html