[git.sr.ht] Implement diff/compare feature

<1daae3d1e89836e283b1cc6db14429e159fc0850.camel@e.email>
Hi Drew et al,

Would you be willing to implement a diff/compare feature in git.sr.ht?
I know that git.sr.ht already shows diffs between commits on
git.sr.ht/namespace/repos/commits/* pages, but I would like to be able
to compare tags and branches or a range of commits from the web
interface. This is useful when I want to quickly view the changes
between two releases of a project without cloning the repository
locally.

Thanks,
Maxwell

--
Maxwell G (@gotmax23)
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Haowen
<cfa5db4f-0961-4a90-b0a8-4957cc762c1e@www.fastmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<8422bee3-70e9-5649-091d-95e491d35498@lunacd.com> (view parent)
Yes, this would be a great addition!

For reference, here's [GitHub's documentation][1] for their
implementation.

For example, here's how see the changes between Git v2.33.1 and
v2.34.0:

https://github.com/git/git/compare/v2.33.1...v2.34.0

URL-wise, it seems pretty straightforward. You can even
get a formatted patch by adding `.patch` to the end of the URL.

[1]: https://docs.github.com/en/pull-requests/collaborating-with-pull-requests/proposing-changes-to-your-work-with-pull-requests/about-comparing-branches-in-pull-requests
<CFW42PUAUBJB.3AKR657TP39Y3@taiga>
On Mon Nov 22, 2021 at 1:28 AM CET, Maxwell G wrote:
> Would you be willing to implement a diff/compare feature in git.sr.ht?

Yes, I think this is a good idea. As for whether or not I can personally
implement it, the answer is maybe, but I cannot prioritize it any time
soon. Writing a patch would get this done sooner.

Feel free to file a ticket.
<b1c959b1-2399-486b-92dc-649c69e25261@e.email>
In-Reply-To
<CFW42PUAUBJB.3AKR657TP39Y3@taiga> (view parent)

https://todo.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/git.sr.ht/352
--
Maxwell G (@gotmax23)
Pronouns: He/Him/His
PGP Key Fingerprint: f57c76e5a238fe0a628e2ecef79e4e25e8c661f8
gotmax@e.email
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)