build runner, dispatchers, and such

<20190929124423.GA2440116@michaels.world>
So I was looking when setting up my build runner, and I couldn't help that notice that, to have ssh login to the runners working, you need to install not only builds.sr.ht-worker (for the building),
builds.sr.ht-images (for the images), but also builds.sr.ht itself (for buildsrht-shell and buildsrht-keys), and *also* git.sr.ht (for the dispatcher). I could easily be wrong, so please tell me if I
am, but shouldn't builds.sr.ht-worker be the one including the shell and keys, and shouldn't builds.sr.ht-worker include a dispatcher since the recommended way to run it is on a separate server from
your web servers?
Do I perhaps have some error in my configuration? Could there be a trick I'm missing?
Thanks!
-Michael.
<BXCMV8BPCIOS.2RSDF53SCK2CQ@homura>
In-Reply-To
<20190929124423.GA2440116@michaels.world> (view parent)
No, this is correct. We rely on gitsrht-dispatch to coordinate all SSH
access to sr.ht. The SSH access to builds is still pretty new and I
haven't gotten around to documenting its setup.
<20190929165050.GA2533554@michaels.world>
In-Reply-To
<BXCMV8BPCIOS.2RSDF53SCK2CQ@homura> (view parent)
Ah, understandable. Mind giving a quick overview of how it's done so I can tinker with it?
-Michael.

On Sun, Sep 29, 2019 at 12:40:02PM -0400, Drew DeVault wrote:
>No, this is correct. We rely on gitsrht-dispatch to coordinate all SSH
>access to sr.ht. The SSH access to builds is still pretty new and I
>haven't gotten around to documenting its setup.
<BXCN6VY5FUVG.39UNXB84WYYRV@homura>
In-Reply-To
<20190929165050.GA2533554@michaels.world> (view parent)
Follow the git.sr.ht setup instructions for SSH - it should be fairly
apparent from the config file. You'll want to add an entry for
builds:builds=buildsrht-keys or something like that.
<20190929165916.GA2537377@michaels.world>
In-Reply-To
<BXCN6VY5FUVG.39UNXB84WYYRV@homura> (view parent)
Ah ok, so just like I did it. I misunderstood and thought there was special ssh magic that would allow you to still have builds.sr.ht and git.sr.ht only installed on the web servers :-).
Thanks!
-Michael.