DNS for site with a custom domain - www confusion

Ryan Roden-Corrent <ryan@rcorre.net>
<20220117185410.whpgedvjzh65ofso@midgar.localdomain>
Hi all,

I'm a bit uninformed in the ways of DNS, so this may be a silly
question, but I'm struggling to set up DNS such that both
https://www.rrc.codes and https://rrc.codes work with my srht site.

For my first attempt, I published my site to
https://pages.sr.ht/publish/rrc.codes, and set up DNS as:

A @ 173.195.146.139

With this setup, https://rrc.codes works but https://www.rrc.codes does
not (which some browsers seem to automatically redirect to when
inputting the former address).

For my second attempt, I published my site to
https://pages.sr.ht/publish/www.rrc.codes, and set up DNS as:

A @ 173.195.146.139
CNAME www pages.sr.ht.

With this setup, https://www.rrc.codes works but https://rrc.codes does
not.

How can I get both working?

Thanks!

-Ryan
<CH86G96ZQPXW.14G3GQCC9KG8I@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<20220117185410.whpgedvjzh65ofso@midgar.localdomain> (view parent)
pages.sr.ht cannot serve the same site on two different domains. You
have to set up both records and publish twice.
Ryan Roden-Corrent <ryan@rcorre.net>
<20220117192242.4np5pkoowrpichyz@midgar.localdomain>
In-Reply-To
<CH86G96ZQPXW.14G3GQCC9KG8I@taiga> (view parent)
> You have to set up both records and publish twice.

As I was replying to this rrc.codes popped back up, so I guess I
just didn't wait long enough for DNS to propagate.

It seems to be working with the double-publish now, thanks!

-Ryan
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)