list moderation ?

<23FD7B50-BC32-4F00-95E4-45D2CA7C2C64@traduction-libre.org>
As a list owner, I'm supposed to have "moderation" rights.

1) a person who is allowed to post sends a mail to the list and the mail reaches the list without me moderating it → fine

2) a person who is not allowed to post sends a mail to the list and the mail does not reach the list without me knowing about it → unexpected but ok

I would expect that people who don't have post permission and who send a mail see their mail sent to moderation and the moderator accepts or rejects it.

That is not what's happening. What does "moderation" mean on lists.sr.ht ?

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
https://mac4translators.blogspot.com

Jean-Christophe Helary <jean.christophe.helary@traduction-libre.org>
writes:

> I would expect that people who don't have post permission and who send
> a mail see their mail sent to moderation and the moderator accepts or
> rejects it.

FWIW, this is what happens on the emacs-orgmode mailing list, managed
by the Mailman instance on lists.gnu.org.

We rely on this feature to allow *anyone* to post a bug report even
users who don't subscribe to the list: for legit reports, we validate
the message and sometimes add the sender to a white list so that his
future emails don't go through moderation.

I don't think this workflow is supported by lists.sr.ht.

--
 Bastien
<CBN8SXFWQBPQ.2Y15VJP2ULO95@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<23FD7B50-BC32-4F00-95E4-45D2CA7C2C64@traduction-libre.org> (view parent)
This kind of list moderation (approval of new posts) is planned and
prioritized for the beta:

https://todo.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/lists.sr.ht/63
<87a6oh7d8b.fsf@bzg.fr>
In-Reply-To
<CBN8SXFWQBPQ.2Y15VJP2ULO95@taiga> (view parent)
"Drew DeVault" <sir@cmpwn.com> writes:

> This kind of list moderation (approval of new posts) is planned and
> prioritized for the beta:
>
> https://todo.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/lists.sr.ht/63

Good to know, thanks!

--